Acrylic MicroTopping Cement produces a continuous high-performance surface for Showers, Bathrooms & Kitchens.
HACCP-certified MicroTopping are a decorative system by interiors and exteriors for hygienic floor coatings which have a minimum VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) content. Our coatings can be applied as thick layers, reducing the need for extra coats.
It can be used to protect all surfaces subject to the presence of water as in the case of shower stalls. It allows application on surfaces creating contemporary effects that resist water and foot traffic when applied on floors.
Our Acrylic MicroTopping Cement can be used to cover tiles or similar items without requiring any demolition work, apply it over cement or ceramic surfaces in bathrooms, also in kitchens, living rooms and decorate shower cabin interiors or walls that come into contact with water and cover existing floors without having to remove tiles.
MicroTopping comes in paste form which can be colored easily for coordination in any design scheme.
Acrylic MicroTopping Cement is Great for Wet Environments
They are formulated for coating horizontal and vertical surfaces in wet environments, including surfaces in contact with water and are also suitable for food processing environments such as kitchen counters.
- Food Processing
- Wellness Centres
- Fitness Centre
- Sanu & Baths
MicroTopping Cement is a method to apply a continuous seamless surface, having excellent bonding performance and contemporary aesthetic features, in various nuances, with glossy or matt finish.
Acrylic MicroTopping can be applied on directly on cement, drywall surfaces and also directly on existing decorative tiles, both vertically and horizontally. The application follows a sequence of steps ranging from the preparation of the support to the final surface, therefore the Technical Data Sheet must be consulted. The entire cycle must be completed by observing the application method on the datasheet, following the actual application method and all preparatory work required to that end.
Applying Meteore 14 MicroTopping
Spray water using a sprayer and smooth the surface perfectly, finishing straight away with trowel strokes in all directions so as to achieve a surface which is both as smooth and compact as possible, to avoid the need for sanding. After 12 hours at 20°C, it is possible to protect the surface applying Kit Top Coat AR60 Lucido + CT80 glossy or Kit Top Coat AR70 Opaco + CT80 flat.
Meteore 14 is available in 3 grains
Meteore 14 Coarse is a thick skim coat with high filling and anchoring properties designed for application on rough supports or where a first coat is required to fill the support.
It is suitable to be used with Fiberglass Mesh, to facilitate the homogeneous distribution of loads by creating anti-crack, durable and resistant surface.
Using Ardex MRF as a base, this is compact and continuous coating, covering grout lines between the tiles preventing their transfer through the final coat.
- On securely adhered ceramic tile or solid and dry concrete, the surface must be clean and washed down removing any dust, grease, soap and anything that may cause the film to detach.
- On damp-free floors or with surface where rising damp less than 15%. On walls, apply SKIM COAT DDS only when the damp conditions (from 3% to 15% are present), or when the specification prescribe the use of a vertical or horizontal moisture barrier.
- After 24 hours at 20°C from the application of the Meteore Fine skim coat, or after 1 hour at 20°C. Appling one coat of METEORE 14 as a skim coat covers about 100 sq. ft per 12L Bucket, leaving a sufficiently thick layer to make the support level and smooth.
NOTE: Apply Meteore 14 Fine instead of Medium as the third and final coat of the structure coating.
- After at least 8 hours at 20°C, apply METEORE 14 on the entire surface using the stainless-steel trowel covering 100 sq. ft per bucket 12L.
- After 20 – 30 minutes at 20°C, use a sprayer to spray water on the METEORE 14, following top to bottom of the METEORE 14. This procedure will facilitate the top smoothing procedure with the stainless-steel trowel.
TOP COAT AR70 flat must be catalysed with CT80 mixing the two parts separately thoroughly then intermix these together. The resulting waterproof film is suitable in showers and on floors.
Induction time is about one minute (mix with a spiral mixer on a battery drill slowly to avoid bubbles occurring in the film).
Apply with a foam roller in a uniform coat, when dry 4 hour apply a second coat.
The litre kit covers about 100 sq. ft
Alternatively for walls outside showers, it is possible to use the single-component FINISH V 19 Mat, wait 4 hours at 20°C between the first and second coats.
Meteore 14 Fine
This coating with fine grain is used as a second or third coat to obtain a surface even smoother and more uniform resembling Marmorino a traditional Italian Istria stone typical of buildings in the Venice region.
Meteore 14 Coarse
This is a thick skim coat with high-filling and anchoring properties designed for application on rough cement or supports, or where a first coat is required to fill the support.
It is also suitable to be used with Fiberglass Mesh, to facilitate the homogeneous distribution of loads by creating anti-crack, durable and resistant surfaces.
Meteore 14 Medium
This is a bespoke medium grain coating with high anchoring proprieties recommended for direct application on cement surfaces, tiles or on Meteore 14 coarse. It is suitable to be used with fiber glass mesh to facilitate the homogeneous distribution of loads by creating anti-crack, durable and resistant surfaces. The look is a smooth cement with shading, creating a realistic polished aspect in a flat or satin finish.
Alternative Marble Effect
Apply METEORE 14 on the entire surface using the stainless steel trowel. Then, while the product is still wet, apply the texture trowel over the surface to create irregular and undulating grooves running from top to bottom and vice-versa.
After 20- 30 minutes at 20°C, use a sprayer to spray water on the METEORE 14, following the grooves created when METEORE 14 was worked. This procedure will facilitate the top smoothing procedure for METEORE 14 with the stainless steel trowel.
Décor with Glaze over Meteore
- After 12 hours at 20°C, use a sponge to apply glaze with a little water and cover the surface for the first two coats.
- Allow the first coat to dry for 4 hours at 20°C before applying the second coat. The next coat should be applied as a third coat of a different colour, once again over the entire surface.
- Next, remove the product using the rinsed sponge thoroughly squeezed. The colour should be removed by applying varying degrees of pressure to create the desired nuances on the smoothest part of the surface. Similarly, the marbled effect can be enhanced by leaving varying amounts of colour in the grooves.
After 8 hours at 20°C, finish the decoration with a topcoat to obtain a mat or glossy final effect on floors & walls, using AR60 CT80 part glossy or AR70 mat finish.