PROTEK 2K 100% Solids Epoxy has a 30-year history of delivering superior results, if the surface is properly prepared and coated. It is typically applied on industrial and commercial concrete floors.
- This product allows for a fast return to normal services.
- Abrasion of the substrate is a must to gain maximum performance from these coatings. Shot Blasting or sanding is normal.
- Once the surface is cleaned then a topcoat or Epoxy Primer (preferred method) is applied very thinly over the surface area.
- Next a second ‘full’ coating is applied to level the floor and provide the finished look.
- Immediate induction of the two components is quick and has a short pot life, and applications are mostly done by professionals.
- Cures in an hour but applicators need spiked shoes to walk on the first coat and apply a second coat, then let them cure together.
- Dry to touch is around 8 hours but light traffic must wait at least 12 hours. Heavy traffic after a few days.