Urban Metal offers excellent adhesion & durability once cured
This liquid metallic paint has endless potential to add a rich or rustic element to any home decor. Using the most modern paint technology Urban Metal is a hybrid soya-based emulsion, made from water and plant oil. It creates a durable metallic finish that can be applied on furniture, cabinets, textured wall surfaces, trim, moldings, brick, tin ceiling panels, old lamps and embossed wallpaper, just to name a few.
To cover SMOOTH WALLS with Urban Metal you would need to do a SPRAY APPLICATION.
Urban Metal was formulated to cover textured surfaces. If you want to cover flat Drywall with a metallic coating, you can use Metaltech instead. By strict definition, Urban Metal is NOT a true paint. It is a varnish with metal pigment.
Use a primer when necessary, especially if dealing with an absorbent surface like drywall. Make sure the area is properly prepared to be coated.
- Apply a base paint undercoat like Acrylic Blends usually with an eggshell finish.
- Apply Two coats Urban Metal.
- Can be applied Roller & Brush-applied over textured surfaces.
- Finishing touches can be done with brushes either dry or wet.
- A Strie effect can be a achieved by dragging the brush.
- Alternatively, Sponging & Sponge Roller.
- Ragging techniques are possible.
- Stencils can be utilized.